Monday, January 26, 2009

And the winner is...

So the results are in...
First, I have to admit that I've not yet read either of this year's medal winners, although I have heard much about "The Graveyard Book" (The Newbery winner).

I am, however, delighted to see "A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever," as a Caldecott honor book and "Savvy" as a Newbery honor book. Both of these were such fun--My son's best friend gave him "A Couple of Boys" for his 7th birthday last spring in large part because it is just like them. I'm not sure why, but I never dreamed it would be a contender.

I'm not so sure about The Underneath--I've owned it for almost a year, but can't ever seem to get past the first couple of chapters. I guess I'll have to give it another try now, maybe I'll read it to my kids once we finish Dragon Rider.

1 comment:

  1. Loved Dragon Rider. The audiobook is great- we listened to it on a couple of long car trips.

    ReplyDelete